Monday, November 4, 2013

Blog Post 11

firstgradeblog

I watched the videos, First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class and Skype Interview with Ms. Cassidy. Ms. Cassidy is a first-grade teacher in Moose Jaw, Canada. Ms. Cassidy explains how her student's use technology, in the classroom. After watching these videos, I want to use this type of learning, in my classroom. I like that she is introducing blogging to first graders. In EDM 310, it is my first time blogging. However, these first graders look like professionals at blogging. The students blog regularly. The students use blogs, wikis, webpages, Skype and Nintendo DS to learn, in their classroom. I liked that Ms. Cassidy, was provided with just five computers ten years earlier, and she used them to begin her technology journey. A tool Ms. Cassidy uses is Skype. Ms. Cassidy uses Skype to allow her students to communicate with classroom, experts and with different people from around the world. As a future educator, I would use blogging. I think that this is a great tool to use. It can help my students with their writing skills. By getting students involved in blogging, it can help engage students with their learning. Furthermore, it can introduce students to technology; they may not otherwise get. By using Ms. Cassidy's technology strategy, I cannot think of any problems occurring. As a future educator, I hope to use this information, in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Duane Nelson and I'm a student in the Wednesday night EDM 310 class. I have enjoyed reading your blog post and I agree that the technology tools that Ms. Cassidy use in her classroom are useful for any future teachers. The suggestion that I would give you is to watch the different uses of "Ms.Cassidy or Mrs.Cassidy" because you used both of these in your post. Overall good job and keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "By getting students involved in blogging, it can help engage students with their learning." You are right, technology engages students in the learning process and most of all they enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete