Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blog Post # 4

podcast

The first post I read was, 1st Graders Create Their Own Read-Along Audiobook .

I was a curious about how the students would create their own read along audiobook. For me as a future educator, podcasts can be great with helping with storytelling, keeping students engaged and helping students to learn. Before taking this class, I had heard the word podcast. However, I thought it was audio that took someone forever to put together and put online . After reading this post, creating a podcast does not seem as difficult as I thought. I learned that using scripts can be a great way to keep students engaged in following along with the story. Also, the students liked to listen to their voices and being involved in the creative process.

The second post, was Landwitches Flat Stanley Podcast, students created a podcast that was inspired by their reading of the book Flat Stanley by Jim Brown. The students and their teacher created their own podcast version of the story. I enjoyed listening to their voices and their descriptions of the places they visited. I learned that I can use the importance of teaching students to read with expression. In these podcasts, they help with bringing out the creativity in the students.

The third post, was The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale, his video provided great information for a future teacher like me about the benefits of podcasting with my students. I liked to see that the students were involved in creating and listening to these podcasts. I did not know that these podcasts can have such an impact on the students; that they talk about them outside the classroom with their families. I learned that I can make my podcasts available at all times for my students. Also, podcasts can be a great way for me to show my students that their podcasts can listened to by people all over the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shernaye!

    I agree that podcasts bring the creative side out in students. I had no idea what podcasts were until I took this class also. Your post about podcasts is very organized and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. Maybe next time you can add a little more of your opinion of the subject!

    ReplyDelete