Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blog Post #1

<

Who is Krissy Venosdale?

Krissy Venosdale is a educator who is dedicated about creating the best learning environment for her students. She has amazing ideas about her dream school. Her dream school has colorful walls, comfortable seating and no tests.


Sugata Mitra's dream is to create a school where children teach and learn from each other. The students would accomplish this by using in the cloud. I want to teach Special Education. I want to create a classroom that promotes learning.

What do you want your students to know? I want my students to know that learning is a process. I want them to know that learning can be fun. I want them to know that there are different tools that they can use; to help them to learn. I want my students to know that I care about them. I want them to enjoy learning.

What do you want your students to be able to do? I want them to be able to read, write, use technology and gain new knowledge. I want my students to be knowledgeable of prior material. I want my students to use their imagination. I want them to ask questions.

What will be your primary way of teaching your students what you want them to know and do? My primary way of teaching is developing a teaching style that promotes learning. I will use technology, hands-on activities and group work.

What tools will you use in your classroom? In my classroom, there will be many tools, I will have a Smartboard, iPad, laptops, desktop computers, educational software, books, markers, pens, crayons, paints, pencils and paper.

What role will students play in your classroom? In the classroom, my students will play an important role. I want them to learn and gain knowledge. I want my students to learn from each other and help each other.

2 comments:

  1. Shernaye

    I also read about Krissy Venosdale in relation to your blog, and I admire both ideas. Sugata Mitra made interesting points about wanting her students to learn from one another. Students should enjoy learning, and have fun at the same time. You made some good points on the tools you will use in the classroom. That will not only help the students learn, but get them familiar with technology. Students can learn from that aspect, and use the basic paper, pencils, and colors. All children have a different way of learning, so having a variety of tools will benefit each child in some way. Learning is very time consuming, and takes allot of studying. You also pointed out, having a variety of ways to teach them will keep it interesting and make them want to learn. Having hands on activities and group work will challenge the student mentally and physically. Your blog was very helpful, and provided me with several ideas for when I become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...Venosdale is a educator who is dedicated about creating the best learning environment for her students." an, not a dedicated to, not dedicated about

    "...Sugata Mitra dream is..." Mitra's, not Mitra

    "...knowledgeable of past material." Past material? Material? I think not. What do you mean?

    "...Smartboard,iPad,laptops,desktop computers, educational software,books,markers,pens,crayons,paints,pencils and paper...." You must have spaces after commas.

    ReplyDelete